Welcome to KWAVE!
ARBITRATION NOTICE: YOU AGREE THAT DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND US WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS-ACTION LAWSUIT OR CLASS-WIDE ARBITRATION. WE EXPLAIN SOME EXCEPTIONS AND HOW YOU CAN OPT-OUT OF ARBITRATION BELOW.
The KWAVE Service
We agree to provide you with the KWAVE service. The Service includes all of the KWAVE GO products, features, applications, services, technologies, and software that we provide to advance KWAVE's mission: To bring you closer to the people who love K-Culture and things. The Service is made up of the following aspects:
- Offering personalized opportunities to create, connect, communicate, discover, and share.
People are different. We want to strengthen your relationships through shared experiences you actually care about. So we build systems that try to understand who and what you and others care about, and use that information to help you create, find, join, and share in experiences that matter to you. Part of that is highlighting content, features, offers, and accounts you might be interested in and offering ways for you to experience KWAVE, based on things you and others do on and off KWAVE.
- Fostering a positive, inclusive, and safe environment.
We develop and use tools and offer resources to our community members that help to make their experiences positive and inclusive, including when we think they might need help. We also have teams and systems that work to combat abuse and violations of our Terms and policies, as well as harmful and deceptive behavior. We use all the information we have-including your information-to try to keep our platform secure. We also may share information about misuse or harmful content with KWAVEGO Company or law enforcement.
- Developing and using technologies that help us consistently serve our growing community.
Organizing and analyzing information for our growing community is central to our Service. A big part of our Service is creating and using cutting-edge technologies that help us personalize, protect, and improve our Service on an incredibly large scale for a broad global community.
- Ensuring access to our Service.
To operate our global Service, we must store and transfer data across our systems around the world, including outside of your country of residence. The use of this global infrastructure is essential to provide our Service. This infrastructure may be owned or operated by KWAVEGO Inc.
- Connecting you with brands, products, and services in ways you care about.
We use data from KWAVE, and KWAVEGO Products, as well as from third-party partners, to show you ads, offers, and other sponsored content that we believe will be meaningful to you. And we try to make that content as relevant as all your other experiences on KWAVE.
How Our Service Is Funded
Instead of paying to use KWAVE, by using the Service covered by these Terms, you acknowledge that we can show you ads that businesses and organizations pay us to promote on and off the KWAVEGO Products. We use your personal data, such as information about your activity and interests, to show you ads that are more relevant to you.
We show you relevant and useful ads without telling advertisers who you are. We don’t sell your personal data. We allow advertisers to tell us things like their business goals and the kind of audience they want to see their ads. We then show their ad to people who might be interested.
We also provide advertisers with reports about the performance of their ads to help them understand how people are interacting with their content on and off KWAVE. For example, we provide general demographic and interest information to advertisers to help them better understand their audience. We don’t share information that directly identifies you (information such as your name or email address that by itself can be used to contact you or identifies who you are) unless you give us specific permission.
You may see branded content on KWAVE posted by account holders who promote products or services based on a commercial relationship with the business partner mentioned in their content.
The Data Policy
Providing our Service requires collecting and using your information. The Data Policy explains how we collect, use, and share information across the KWAVEGO Products. It also explains the many ways you can control your information, including in the KWAVE Privacy and Security Settings. You must agree to the Data Policy to use KWAVE.
In return for our commitment to provide the Service, we require you to make the below commitments to us.
Who Can Use KWAVE We want our Service to be as open and inclusive as possible, but we also want it to be safe, secure and following the law. So, we need you to commit to a few restrictions to be part of the KWAVE community.
- You must be at least 13 years old.
- You must not be prohibited from receiving any aspect of our Service under applicable laws or engaging in payments-related Services if you are on an applicable denied party listing.
- We must not have previously disabled your account for violation of law or any of our policies.
- You must not be a convicted sex offender.
How You Can't Use KWAVE. Providing a safe and open Service for a broad community requires that we all do our part.
- You can't impersonate others or provide inaccurate information.
You don't have to disclose your identity on KWAVE, but you must provide us with accurate and up-to-date information (including registration information), which may include providing personal data. Also, you may not impersonate someone or something you aren't, and you can't create an account for someone else unless you have their express permission.
- You can't do anything unlawful, misleading, or fraudulent, or for any illegal or unauthorized purpose.
- You can't do anything to interfere with or impair the intended operation of the Service.
This includes misusing any reporting, dispute, or appeals channel, such as by making fraudulent or groundless reports or appeals.
- You can't attempt to create accounts or access or collect information in unauthorized ways.
This includes creating accounts or collecting information in an automated way without our express permission.
- You can’t sell, license, or purchase any account or data obtained from us or our Service.
This includes attempts to buy, sell, or transfer any aspect of your account (including your username); solicit, collect, or use login credentials or points of other users; or request or collect KWAVE usernames, passwords, or misappropriate access tokens.
- You can’t modify, translate, create derivative works of, or reverse engineer our products or their components.
- You can't use a domain name or URL in your username without our prior written consent.
Permissions You Give to Us. As part of our agreement, you also give us the permissions that we need to provide the Service.
- We do not claim ownership of your content, but you grant us a license to use it.
Nothing is changing about your rights in your content. We do not claim ownership of the content that you post on or through the Service and you are free to share your content with anyone else, wherever you want. However, we need certain legal permissions from you (known as a “license”) to provide the Service. When you share, post, or upload content that is covered by intellectual property rights (like photos or videos) on or in connection with our Service, you hereby grant to us a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, sub-licensable, worldwide license to host, use, distribute, modify, run, copy, publicly perform or display, translate, and create derivative works of your content (consistent with your privacy and application settings). This license will end when your content is deleted from our systems. You can delete content individually or all at once by deleting your account.
- Permission to use your username, profile picture, and information about your relationships and actions with accounts, ads, and sponsored content.
You permit us to show your username, profile picture, and information about your actions (such as likes) or relationships (such as follows) next to or in connection with accounts, ads, offers, and other sponsored content that you follow or engage with that are displayed on KWAVE Products, without any compensation to you. For example, we may show that you liked a sponsored post created by a brand that has paid us to display its ads on KWAVE. As with actions on other content and follows of other accounts, actions on sponsored content and follows of sponsored accounts can be seen only by people who have permission to see that content or follow.
Content Removal and Disabling or Terminating Your Account
Our Agreement and What Happens if We Disagree
Who Has Rights Under this Agreement
- Our past, present, and future affiliates and agents, including KWAVE, can invoke our rights under this agreement in the event they become involved in a dispute. Otherwise, this agreement does not give rights to any third parties.
Who Is Responsible if Something Happens.
- Our Service is provided "as is," and we can't guarantee it will be safe and secure or will work perfectly all the time. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ALSO DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We also don’t control what people and others do or say, and we aren’t responsible for their (or your) actions or conduct (whether online or offline) or content (including unlawful or objectionable content). We also aren’t responsible for services and features offered by other people or companies, even if you access them through our Service.
- Our responsibility for anything that happens on the Service (also called "liability") is limited as much as the law will allow. If there is an issue with our Service, we can't know what all the possible impacts might be. You agree that we won't be responsible ("liable") for any lost profits, revenues, information, or data, or consequential, special, indirect, exemplary, punitive, or incidental damages arising out of or related to these Terms, even if we know they are possible. This includes when we delete your content, information, or account. Our aggregate liability arising out of or relating to these Terms will not exceed the greater of $100 or the amount you have paid us in the past twelve months.
- You agree to defend (at our request), indemnify and hold us harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses, and expenses, including without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with these Terms or your use of the Service. You will cooperate as required by us in the defense of any claim. We reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter subject to indemnification by you, and you will not, in any event, settle any claim without our prior written consent.
How We Will Handle Disputes.
- Except as provided below, you and we agree that any cause of action, legal claim, or dispute between you and us arising out of or related to these Terms or KWAVE ("claim(s)") must be resolved by arbitration on an individual basis. Class actions and class arbitrations are not permitted; you and we may bring a claim only on your own behalf and cannot seek relief that would affect other KWAVE users. If there is a final judicial determination that any particular claim (or a request for particular relief) cannot be arbitrated following this provision's limitations, then only that claim (or only that request for relief) may be brought in court. All other claims (or requests for relief) remain subject to this provision.
- Instead of using arbitration, you or we can bring claims to your local "small claims" court, if the rules of that court will allow it. If you don't bring your claims in small claims court (or if you or we appeal a small claims court judgment to a court of general jurisdiction), then the claims must be resolved by binding, individual arbitration. The American Arbitration Association will administer all arbitrations under its Consumer Arbitration Rules. You and we expressly waive a trial by jury.
The following claims don't have to be arbitrated and may be brought in court: disputes related to intellectual property (like copyrights and trademarks), violations of our Platform Policy, or efforts to interfere with the Service or engage with the Service in unauthorized ways (for example, automated ways). In addition, issues relating to the scope and enforceability of the arbitration provision are for a court to decide.
This arbitration provision is governed by the Federal Arbitration Act.
- You can opt-out of this provision within 30 days of the date that you agreed to these Terms. To opt-out, you must send your name, residence address, username, email address, or phone number you use for your KWAVE account, and a clear statement that you want to opt-out of this arbitration agreement, and you must send them here: KWAVEGO, Inc. ATTN: KWAVE Arbitration Opt-out, 3580 Wilshire Blvd #100, Los Angeles, CA 90010.
- Before you commence arbitration of a claim, you must provide us with a written Notice of Dispute that includes your name, residence address, username, email address, or phone number you use for your KWAVE account, a detailed description of the dispute, and the relief you seek. Any Notice of Dispute you send to us should be mailed to KWAVEGO, Inc., ATTN: KWAVE Arbitration Filing, 3580 Wilshire Blvd #100, Los Angeles, CA 90010. Before we commence an arbitration, we will send you a Notice of Dispute to the email address you use with your KWAVE account, or other appropriate means. If we are unable to resolve a dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice of Dispute is received, you or we may commence arbitration.
- For any claim that is not arbitrated or resolved in small claims court, you agree that it will be resolved exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California or a state court located in Los Angeles County. You also agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of either of these courts to litigating any such claim.
- The laws of the State of California, to the extent not preempted by or inconsistent with federal law, will govern these Terms and any claim, without regard to conflict of law provisions.
We always appreciate feedback or other suggestions, but may use them without any restrictions or obligation to compensate you for them, and are under no obligation to keep them confidential.
Updating These Terms
We may change our Service and policies, and we may need to make changes to these Terms so that they accurately reflect our Service and policies. Unless otherwise required by law, we will notify you (for example, through our Service) before we make changes to these Terms and allow you to review them before they go into effect. Then, if you continue to use the Service, you will be bound by the updated Terms. If you do not want to agree to these or any updated Terms, you can delete your account, here.
Revised: July 25, 2021